Rosehip Seed Oil, also known as rosa mosqueta, is one of the most effective natural anti-aging serums available. UNi’s Rosehip Seed Oil has a natural source of antioxidants and essential fatty acids that include Omega 3, 6, and 9. It’s high in Vitamin A and C. These ingredients are what make rosehip oil an effective anti-aging moisturizer, especially for sensitive skin. The oil is both 100% Certified USDA Organic and ECO Certified. There are no additives or fillers and is 100% fragrance free.
Rosehip Seed Oil serves a variety of skin conditions, including sun damaged skin, fine lines and wrinkles, dermatitis, eczema, damaged cuticles and brittle nails. This oil is very light and easily absorbed so it makes a perfect face moisturizer. It skins right into your skin so you won’t have to worry about face looking greasy.
Benefits of Rosehip Oil
- Daily Moisturizer
- Diminishes the appearance of scars, stretch marks, sun burns, fine line and wrinkles
- Nourish’s and hydrate’s dry and aging skin
- Treats dryness and roughness
- Evens skin tone. Excellent for hyper-pigmentation, age spots and other skin discoloration
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidants
- Corrects UV damages
- Regenerates skin cells and repairs damaged skin tissue
While rosehip can be beneficial used alone, I decided to be a little creative and make something. I used UNi’s Rosehip Seed Oil and made my own facial moisturizing oil.
- Base Oil – Coconut Oil is antibacterial and anti-fungal. Helps to clear up acne and eczema while maintaining a youthful appearance.
- Nourishing Oil – Rosehip Oil adds an extra therapeutic dimension to the moisturizer. It helps to keep the skin supple, reducing signs of aging and scars.
- Healing Essential Oil – Lavender adds a great smell the facial moisturizing oil. It also has therapeutic healing properties such as antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antiviral.
Recipe for a small container:
- 1 tbs of Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp of Rosehip Seed Oil
- 2-3 drops of Lavender Oil
- If the coconut oil is solid at room temperature, melt then allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the coconut oil into a small container.
- Mix in the rosehip and lavender oils.
- Stir together until all the oils are well combined.
You can store the facial moisturizing oil at room temperature. It should become solid, however in warmer climates it may remain a liquid. Use in the morning and at at night after you cleanse your face. When ready to use pour or scoop a drop into your hand. Warm it on the palm of your hand with your fingers and massage into your face. I also use sparingly on my cuticles and rub the remaining into the palm of my hand. It really makes my cuticles very soft.
With so many anti-aging products on the market, it’s difficult trying to settle on one reliable solution that actually works. You can simply your beauty routine by using Rosehip Seed Oil for multiple purposes for your skin care needs.