To celebrate National Jelly Bean Day, I decided to make some delicious bark for the adults and decorate some cupcakes for the kids. This is great for Easter and all year around.
Gimbal’s Fine Candies provided me with two different types of jelly beans.
The first type of jelly beans are Gimbal’s Gourmet. These jelly beans include 41 flavors like Cotton Candy, Roasted Marshmallow, Strawberry Daiquiri, and Tiramisu among many other yummy flavors.
The other type of jelly beans are Cherry Lovers. These are slightly larger than original jelly beans and are in a heart shaped design.They are made with real cherry juice and include nine flavors: Wild Cherry, Cherry Vanilla, Black Cherry, Kiwi Cherry, Chocolate Cherry, Cherry Cheesecake, Bing Cherry, Cherry Daiquiri, and Cherry Cola.
Since I had two different styles of jelly beans, I made two different flavors of bark. I mixed the Gourmet Jelly Beans with White Chocolate and the Cherry Lovers with Semi-Sweet Chocolate.
5 to 7-oz Gimbal’s Gourmet Jelly Beans
12-oz White Chocolate Chips
2-tsp Vegetable Shortening
- Line a dish or baking sheet with wax paper.
- Spread 1/3 of the jelly beans out on the wax paper.
- Microwave chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in an uncovered microwavable-safe bowl on medium-high power for about 1 minute, then stop and stir. If necessary, microwave in additional 10 seconds interval and stir until chips are melted.
- Stir in 1/3 of the jelly beans in the melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture evenly on top of the wax paper with jelly beans. You want about 1/4″ thickness.
- Sprinkle the rest of the jelly beans across the top.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Break into pieces and store into an airtight container at room temperature.
Simply repeat this same process for the Cherry Chocolate Bark. Replace the chocolate with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and use Gimbal’s Cherry Lover Jelly Beans.
After making the bark, I still had some jelly beans left over. So I decorated some cupcakes and placed remaining jelly beans in a bowl for the family to snack on later.
All images are the property of Easter Babe’s Theory. Please only use these images if you intend on giving Easter Babe’s Theory credit. Please do not alter the images in any way. I received this product in exchange for sharing my honest, unbiased opinion. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. This post may contain affiliate linking.