Celebrate Springtime with these adorable Rice Krispies Bird Nest Treats. Whether you need a dessert for Easter or another special Spring occasion, this treat is bound to be a hit! Let the kids help out as they’ll enjoy creating these little bird nests and topping them off with jellybeans. This is an easy dessert recipe that you can use for just about any occasion!
2 C. rice krispies
1 C. pretzel sticks, broken in half
1 C. coconut flakes, sweetened
1 Tbsp. butter
½ 10oz bag Marshmallows (about 20 marshmallows)
Green food coloring
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
3. Add food coloring a drop at a time until your desired color is reached. (For this recipe, we made it a pale pastel green.)
4. Add rice krispies and pretzel sticks. Stir.
5. Add coconut flakes and stir.
6. In a mini muffin tin, either spray with cooking spray or lightly butter.
7. Press the mixture into the muffin tin with buttered fingers or waxed paper.
8. Add jelly beans while warm, so they stick.
9. Let set about 20 minutes, or 5 minutes in the fridge.